Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two arms! Two arms...

I was very apprehensive about making the arms and hands. I wanted the fingers to be posable.

I started by cutting 4 foam hands and hot glued a wire armature between 2 of the foam hands. I then trimmed the foam hands, rounding the fingers and edges. At the wrist of each hand I hot glued a metal tube for the rod arms. I sewed the hand and arm pattern as the instructions stated. I turned the sewn hand and arm right side out over the foam hand. I thought this was going to be a lot hard than it was.


All in all I am very happy with how the hands and arms turned out.

1 comment:

  1. this is cool, can you explain a bit more how you got the foam inside the sewn part. I just sewed my hands and arm prom the patter and it was dificult just to tuen it inside out with out foam , i would love to know how you did yours. Take it easy and your puppet looks awesome

    ReplyDelete