Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Midlife crisis, hobby or career opportunity?

As a kid growing up I was fascinated with magic and marionettes. I pursued magic but never made any marionettes or puppets as a kid. Since I've turned 40 my passion for puppetry is growing. I can't get enough books on marionettes or puppetry in general.

My interest in puppets appeared again, I believe in part because of my in-laws. They have a puppet theater and a number of shows they used to perform. They are both in their 70s now and no long perform. They have a very nice traveling theater. I'll have to see if I can get photos.

I have recently purchased the Rotondo Puppet Pattern from Project Puppet. I have started my first rod puppet and find it a blast to build. Photos of my progress to come.

So I am asking myself: Midlife crisis, hobby or career opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment